lunes, 17 de febrero de 2014

XXL Freshman Class of 2014 (my list)

In less than approximately a month, if everything goes as in previous years, XXL magazine will reveal its Freshman Class of 2014. As I enjoy rap myself I decided to do my own freshman class of 2014. My list is a list of favorites from the rappers that I think might have a chance of appearing  on the cover, it is not just a predictions list, as I know there are several that are very probable to appear on it but I didn’t include them as I’m not into them very much or just because I like mines better. So here we go, these are my 10 freshman class of 2014 rappers:


Isaiah Rashad   Soundcloud   Youtube


Chance the Rapper    Youtube


Denzel Curry   Soundcloud   Youtube


Lil Bibby   Soundcloud   Youtube


Jon Connor   Soundcloud   Youtube


Vic Mensa   Soundcloud   Youtube


Problem     Youtube


Rapsody/Snow tha product      Youtube  /  Soundcloud   Youtube



King Los   Soundcloud   Youtube


Iamsu!      Youtube




11th *The Underachievers/      Youtube 


*Flatbush Zombies/   Soundcloud   Youtube 



*Migos/   Soundcloud   Youtube




I am not sure how many of these will actually make the list but I hope that at least half of them appear on it. I chose two girls because I was on the fence with both as Rapsody and Snow tha Product are quite different but I enjoy them equally. I also included an 11th entry for groups as I think they might include one this year and I think it would probably be one of these three.


Other five rappers that made my shortlist were:


Vince Staples       Youtube
Rittz    Soundcloud   Youtube
Asap Nast       Youtube
Rich Homie Quan    Soundcloud   Youtube
August Alsina    Soundcloud   Youtube


I did not include Earl Sweatshirt, Asap Ferg and Childish Gambino because as far as I know they are no longer elegible.


There are a lot of lesser known rappers that deserve to get recognition but perhaps have not made enough buzz yet to be considered for the list, nevertheless I would like to include them because I think they are going to pick quite a following this year:


Que Hampton      Youtube
Bishop Nehru    Soundcloud   Youtube
Que      Youtube




Let me know what are your thoughts and if I should have listed other rappers.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada